The Only Magnesium Proven to Cross the Blood Brain Barrier and Support Brain Function.
The patented Magtein L-Threonate form has been shown to have the highest bioavailability/absorbtion characteristics, allowing it to cross the blood brain barrier and cell membranes. Which may support cognition, brain health, the nervous system, HPA axis and mitochondrial function.
90 capsules/ 30servings per bottle.
Supports Brain Function
Magnesium L-Threonate at a Glance
What is Magnesium L-threonate?
Magtein Magnesium L Threonate, developed by a team of MIT scientists, is a patented form of magnesium. When developing Magtein Magnesium L Threonate, the goal was to have a magnesium amino acid chelate that reached the brain efficiently. Developers decided that the amino acid L-Threonate, which is a metabolite of vitamin C, would be best for this function.
L-Threonate is a unique amino acid which appears to enhance mitochondrial function, synaptic density, and neuroplasticity on its own. It partially elevates neuronal intracellular magnesium levels which act as a second messenger. The chelation of Magtein Magnesium L Threonate allows L-Threonate to enhance neuronal intracellular magnesium levels, while the magnesium elevates its levels throughout the body and the brain.
- Mag L-Threonate appears to demonstrate a chemical attraction to the brain. In fact, there is about 5 more times L-Threonate in the brain than the rest of the body. This is a significant finding since it indicates Magnesium L-Threonate may be especially effective at elevating magnesium levels in the brain. Research has indicated that magnesium L-threonate is one of the only forms of magnesium that reaches and enters the brain efficiently at significant levels (1).
- Researchers concluded that Magtein lead to an increase in brain magnesium levels, with an increase in both short-term synaptic facilitation and long-term potentiation, leading to improvements in learning and memory functions (2).
- Elevation of brain magnesium exerts substantial synaptoprotective effects in a mouse model of Alzheimer’s disease, and hence it might have therapeutic potential for treating Alzheimer’s disease (3).
- One randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study examined the effects of Magtein (MMFS-01) on cognitive decline in older adults. A total of 44 participants (age 50-70) with mild cognitive impairment were given placebo or MMFS-01 (25 mg per kg body weight) daily for 12 weeks. Compared to placebo, the MMFS group experienced improvement of cognitive ability and and cognitive fluctuation – large fluctuations in mental capacity over time (such as having “bad days”). nearly restored their cognitive function to the level of healthy adults (4).
- Animal studies demonstrate that Magtein helps reduce fear-related memories, and prevents fear memories from becoming over-generalized—actions that contribute directly to reductions in anxiety (5). While fear plays an important role in keeping us safe from real threats, persistent fearful memories from a specific traumatic occurrence can cause us to become anxious and even paralyzed into inactivity.
- A study conducted at Tsinghua University found that participants reported significant reductions in anxiety, experienced less stress when performing cognitive tasks, and had greater mental clarity. Furthermore, a different paper published in the journal Pain Physician found that Magtein prevents and reverses memory deficits associated with chronic neuropathic pain (6).
You May Also Like
Studies suggest taking 2 – 3 capsules per day for maximum benefit.
We suggest taking 1 capsule in the morning and 2 capsules at night to assist with sleep.
Each capsule is 2100mg of Magnesium L-threonate equivalent to 151mg of Magnesium. There are 90 capsules per bottle.
When to take:
You can take magnesium L-threonate whenever you like.
However we suggest taking 1 capsule in the morning and 2 capsules at night to assist with sleep.
There are no known side effects of taking Magnesium L-threonate, it may however cause low blood pressure in some people.
Unlike other forms of Magnesium, such as citrate and oxide, L-Threonate chelate does not cause loose bowels.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.